The System of Lies
- Please, and please again, when I speak/talk to you for the first time on phone and I haven't met you in person face to face, stop short of saying on the phone at the end of the conversation "nice to meet me" please, you haven't met me anywhere yet, as we just spoke on phone, I will very much appreciate it being put "Nice to talk to you" telling me, nice meeting me, personally, sounds a bit scary as we haven't met drawing my attention to reality wondering if we have ever, met. That is a clear case of imposing a misleading belief upon me trying to deceive or fool me, which is unlikely as my strong African brains wouldn't be alluding to the fact that we've met.
- Another cruel, unkind and sarcastic phrase is when people lament, I will like to get to know you or I want to get to know you. Keep these unjust expressions to yourselves when you meet me, because you will never, ever get to know me. Does anyone knows how long it takes to get to know anyone? You think you knew me well and better all this while after two decades, something happens and you go saying, oh. I thought I knew him/her. Thanks to Employers and others who doesn't have to mark around long years to get to know us, just by reading some sheet of paper with words, they just have to give us the benefits of doubts.
- This is the silly English spoken all around and you think its cool because you grew up speaking it.
No comments:
Post a Comment