Haha, too many connotations are drawn from where I come from, if you dare ever bring your own food to visit someone. In that instance, I will hear my one and only Aunt Betty screaming loud, how dare you my nephew? What have you grown up to become? Are you trying to send a signal that, you don't trust me anymore, or you won't eat in my home for fear of me poisoning you or you just don't like my food anymore? I will respectfully try to explain to Aunt, but she won't listen, look at him, I used to bath you, educated you and today you are coming to lecture me on food sharing, it is the same kind of food that was used to raise you, she will go on, what is food? Close that ugly bag of yours and eat from home, that African culture for you.
My son, no matter how much poor I am, you know you can always eat from my home, what will I say then? This is what I picked up traveling, she will respond, you must be joking, get out and she will have the right to ex-communicate me and I will certainly lose her blessings. She might not have enough money but with food, there will always be food.
Mates, l was taken over the roof, when I first got here and my ex took me to visit my mother in law, she had to prepare food for days to take with us, I kept asking, why are you making all this food? She goes like, we have to bring food with us, ah, but you are going to visit your own mother. But ex, you visited my land for six solid weeks, I took you to lots of places, I had no food with me, everywhere I took you to and introduced you, it was merry making, you were served plenty varieties food and asked constantly if you wanted drinks.
Well, not knowing it's different here in your land as you never mentioned, in a poor man's land, when you visit someone, you need not bring anything e.g. food, damn, imagining me on a public transport back home with all the seats dancing to the tunes of the road carrying my food to visit even a friend, that will be extremely audacious, very clear, in a poor man's world, food is abundant and in a rich man's world, it's not, you need to bring your own.
If I have to bring my own food to your house to share or eat, why don't I sit in my own home and eat, why do I have to transport myself and my food? A conclusion many will come to draw with me. To Be Cont.
No comments:
Post a Comment